Is this really what you voted for?
What has happened to the Liberal party?
Why have progressives (you know - those that believe in progress
) been leaving the Liberal party in droves?
In a century of uncertainty, facing increasing costs of climate change and rising energy prices, Tony Abbot offers us:
- A burgeoning renewables sector brought to its knees.
- Funding pulled out of urban rail projects across Australia.
- Broadband a fraction of the speed enjoyed by our Asian neighbours.
- Secret trade deals that degrade Australia’s sovereinty and independence.
- Subsidised multinationals digging up Australian farmland.
- New taxes to pay for... what exactly? Tollways?
Yes, its coal, concrete tollways and second-class internet for Australia.
This is Tony Abbott, a PM whos ‘rear-view vision’ and ‘donor-first’ policies have left Australia cold.
Q: But what would Malcolm do?
A: None of the above!
“The goal here is to ensure that ‘as the old order changeth yielding place to new’ Australians are riding the waves of innovation not buried in a sand bar as they break” - Malcolm Turnbull.
“It's not a 24-hour news cycle, it's a 60-second news cycle now, it's instantaneous. It has never been easier to get away with telling lies. It has never been easier to get away with the glib one liner.” - Malcolm Turnbull.
“All Australians understand that high-quality, reliable and affordable broadband is a critical part of the infrastructure our nation needs to prosper in coming years.” - Malcolm Turnbull.
“Climate change is a global problem. The planet is warming because of the growing level of greenhouse gas emissions from human activity. If this trend continues, truly catastrophic consequences are likely to ensue from rising sea levels, to reduced water availability, to more heat waves and fires.“ - Malcolm Turnbull.
Now wouldn’t you like to live in a country run by this guy?
In 2009, Malcolm lost the leadership to Tony Abbot by just one vote
Now we face 9 years of Abbott
, and a Liberal Party changed forever.
We can bring Mal back.
ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE LIBERAL PARTY?
Don’t sit back and watch.
Agitate for change.
• Find and support your local progressive contender. That’ll be the forward-thinking one. The one who likes ordinary Australians.
• Share your opinion.
• Write to federal Liberal MPs and express your support for Malcolm Turnbull. Find a cut&paste email list here: http://voteturnbull2016.com/styled/liblist.html
ARE YOU A VOTER?
Use your power for good.
Let the libs know you want change, and now.
• Write to your local Liberal MP and express your preference for Malcolm Turnbull.
• Vote Malcolm via your local Independent, or minor party.
• Find your local Independent candidates, get to know them, show support.
Vote your local Independent or minor party ‘1’ at every poll. every election.
”There will not be deals done with independents and minor parties under any political movement that I lead’’ - Tony Abbott.
This government doesn’t consult, and can’t negotiate.
With Independents in the mix, to whom will the party turn?
A leader. A statesman.
Our best hope for a PROGRESSIVE liberal party.
Make no mistake, it is YOUR choice.
Vote Turnbull PM for 2016.
The views expressed on this site are not endorsed by Tony Abbott.
Guide to candidates in your electorate: http://www.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2013/guide/candindex
Turnbull and the leadership: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/turnbull-for-pm-hed-like-to-but-its-unlikely-20130819-2s6ii.html
Malcolm Turnbull’s web-site: http://www.malcolmturnbull.com.au
Federal Liberal Members - email list: http://voteturnbull2016.com/styled/liblist.html
Contact: page admin.
Tags: Malcolm Turnbull, Turnbull for PM, Vote Turnbull PM 2016, ReTurnbull, #ReTurnbull, LibSpill, #libspill, Liberal leadership, Liberal party, Defer your Liberal Vote, Tony Abbott, Defer your vote, Ruddbull, Coalition, Australian election, September election, September 7, Election 2013, How to vote, God help Australia.